5TH KUP Grade SHEET – GREEN BELT – Blue Tag
To pass you grading you will have to demonstrate:
Moves and patterns from your previous gradings
- Moves and patterns from your previous gradings
- Yul gok tul
- Reverse turning Kick Right and Left
- Golcha Maki – Hooking Block (option to grab) Elbow techniques
- Upward Elbow,
- Front Elbow,
- Downward Elbow,
- Rear Elbow,
- Side Elbow
- How many moves in Yulgok ?
- Can you tell me anything about Yulgok?
- He was a great Scholar.
- What does blue belt signify?
- Heaven, plant becomes a tree
Interpretation of Yulgok
- Yul-Gok is the pseudonym of a great philosopher and scholar Yi I (1536-1584) nicknamed the “Confucius of Korea”. The 38 movements of this pattern refer to his birthplace on 38o latitude and the diagram represents scholar.
Blue belt signifies:
- The heaven towards which the plant matures into a towering tree as training in Tae Kwon Do progresses
- Wi Palkup – Upward Elbow
- Ap Palkup, – Front Elbow
- Nerio Palkup, – Downward Elbow
- Dwit Palkup – Rear Elbow
- Yop Palkup – Side Elbow
- Kyocha Maki – X Stance