4TH KUP Grade SHEET – BLUE BELT
To pass you grading you will have to demonstrate:
- Moves and patterns from your previous gradings
- Joong Gun
- Kicking Power against a Bag/ Board
- Combinations up and down the floor.
- Demonstrate and name as many Blocking techniques as possible
- Free Sparring
- One Step Sparring
- Grabs and Releases
- How many moves in Joong Gun ?
- Can you tell me anything about Joong Gun?
- He was 32 when he was executed in Prison in 1910.
- What does blue belt signify?
- Sky, which the tree grows toward.
- Demonstrate how many Blocks they know?
Interpretation of Joong Gun
- Joong-Gun is named after the patriot Ahn Joong-Gun who assassinated Hiro-Bumi Ito, the first Japanese Governor-General of Korea, known as the man who played the leading part in the Korea-Japan merger. There are 32 movements in this pattern to represent Mr Ahn’s age when he was executed at Lui-Shung prison (1910).
Blue belt signifies:
- The heaven towards which the plant matures into a towering tree as training in Tae Kwon Do progresses
- Kaunde – middle section
- sonkal dung makgi – reverse knifehand block
- Sonkal daebi makgi – knifehand guarding block
- Nopunde kyocha joomuk makgi – high section X fist block
- Moa junbi sogi B – Close ready stance B
- Nachua sogi – Low stance
- Dwit bal sogi – Rear foot
- Wi palkup taerigi – Upper elbow strike
- Nopunde dung joomuk yop taerigi – high back fist side strike
- Sang Joomuk Sewo jirugi – Twin fist vertical punch
- Sang joomuk dwijibun jirugi – Twin fist upset punch
- Nopunde ap joomuk jirugi – High section fore fist punch
- Kaunde ap joomuk yop jirugi – Mid section fore fist side punch
- Ap cha busigi – Front snap kick
- Dollyo chagi – Turning kick
- Bandae dollyo chagi – Reverse turning kick
- Yop chagi – Side kick
- Bandal chagi – Crescent kick
- Twigi – Jumping
- Dwit cha jurigi – Back piercing kick
- Twimyo – Flying
- Najunde ap chagi – Low front kick
- Bandae dollyo goro chagi – Reverse hooking kick
- One step sparring – Ilbo Matsoki