1ST KUP Grade SHEET – RED BELT – Black Tag
To pass you grading you will have to demonstrate:
- Moves and patterns from your previous gradings
- Choong Moo
- Hand and Kicking Power against a Bag/Board
- Combinations up and down the floor.
- Ability to put together and communicate combinations to other students..
- Free Sparring – including 2 against 1
- One Step Sparring
- A high level of fitness
- How many moves in Choong Moo ?
- Can you tell me anything about Choong Moo?
- CHOONG MOO Was the given name of the great Admiral Yi Sun Sin of the Yi dynasty. He was reputed to have invented the worlds firts armoured battleship ( Kobukson ) which was the precursor to the modern day submarine, in 1592AD. The reason this pattern ends with a left handed attack is to symbolise his regrettable death having no chance to show his unrestrained potentiality checked by his forced reservation of his loyalty to the king.
- What does Black Belt signify?
- Opposite of White.
- Demonstrate how many new moves they know?
Black Belt signifies: Black is opposite from white, therefore signifying the maturity and proficiency in Tae Kwon Do, and also indicates the wearers imperviousness to darkness and fear..