On Saturday 20th June 2020 we had our most recent Kup grading. This was a one off grading as the Kup Grading from March was postponed due to Corona Virus. Even though many of the students have still been training online I understand that maintaining a good standard can be hard. I am very happy to announce that everyone passed and many passed at a good standard!!
As with all areas of Taekwon-Do there are always areas that can be improved.
- Self defense drill. These need to be performed as if they are the real thing. GM Nicholls asks that they are performed as if you are actually defensing yourself therefore the stance and technique needs to reflect this point. Many of your Taekwon-Do theory still allies but in a more self defense scenario. We need to remember to let the techniques flow.
2. There were a few times when the wrong section was used. if the technique is middle section then it finished at shoulder line etc. These corrections are important for the art side of the Taekwon-Do technique. Therefore they need to be know.
3. Remembering the reaction hands in most techniques.The reaction hand is important as it gives the body a equilibrium
4. Remember that we go through the start position and that the start position is there to allow the movement to generate the maximum amount of power
5. When performing a technique it is paramount that you fully understand the application of the technique. We need to know why and what the purpose of the technique is in order to correctly perform it.
6. Step sparring will be completed in the next grading
7. Power tests will be undertaken in the next grading for all those who need to do breaking to pass.
Overall the standard was very high and everyone did themselves proud. Well done to all.
Well done to all